When trying to add videos/movies to iPad, see errors that video files not supported on iPad. Also, sometimes iPad won’t playback videos from gallery, camera roll, any kind of app, such as YouTube, Safari, Facebook, etc. If you want to fix unsupprted video problem on your iPad, here in an easy way to fix iPad video playback is not working issue.
The Apple iPad supports the following video codecs:
H.264 video up to 720p @ 30 frames per second
- Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels @ 30 frames per second
- Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels @ 30 frames per second
- Audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
The best way to resolve iPad video not supported, not playing issue is to use an ipad video converter freeware to convert videos and songs to iPad supported formats. Download iPad video converter for free from:
The iPad video converter tool works on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000 computers and can convert videos for iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad air, iPad 3, new iPad, iPad air 2, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 2. You can use iPad video converter to convert and add unsupported video files such as avi, wmv, mpeg, flv, mkv to iPad.
Windows Media Files (avi,wmv,asf,dvr-ms,ms-dvr), MOV/MP4 Files (mov,mp4,3gp,3g2,m4v,qt), Real Media Files(rm, rmvb), Flash Video File(flv), Matroska Video files(mkv), AviSynth Scripts(avs), Sony High Definition Video File(m2ts), MPEG-1 Video Files(m1v,mpe,mpg,mpv,dat), MPEG-2 Video Files(m2v,mpe,mpg,mpv,vob), Divx Video Files(divx), Ogg Media Files(ogm), Online video(YouTube, Google, Nico videos), Other Video Files(dv,amv).
- MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, M2TS, FLV, SWF and 3GP
- Android phones and tablets: LG phones and tablets, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S6, S5, S6 Edgie, Nexus 5, HTC One, Moto X, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7, Roku 3, PSP, Zune, Nokia, ZTE Anthem 4G, mobile phone, Roku player, ZTE Grand S, ZTE Avid 4G, Ascend Mate, Pocket PC, Sony Xperia Z, Nook HD/HD+, Nexus 7, ZTE V98, Acer Iconia Tab A700, and many more...
- Mobile Phone
- MP3, ogg , WMA, AAC M4A and WAV audio files
- DVD Movie (MPG)
Easy steps to convert fix video not playing on iPad
Step 1: Add videos to iPad video converter software
In iPad video converter software, press "Add files" on top tool bar, or simply drag and drop to add movies, TV series, or downloaded videos or audio media into the video converter program. Then set up "Output folder" at the bottom of the program main window, make sure there are enough free space at your designated path.
Step 2: Select iPad file format as output profile
After adding media files, go to the output format box. There are many built-in profiles for popular devices. Select iPad->iPad MPEG-4 videos (.mp4).
Step 3. Convert video to iPad format.
Click to select the video or audio files to be converted, and click "Convert" button to start converting. You will see the converting progress dialog.
Step 4: Import converted media to iTunes and then sync to iPad
After the conversion is completed. You can add the output media to iTunes and then sync to your iPad.
Download iPad video converter tool online to convert media files so that you can watch or listen them on your iPad.